Jet SKU Review Process
Jet SKU Review Process
Jet’s Unique and Uniform Product Catalog is an important differentiating factor between Jet and other marketplaces. To maintain the quality of this catalog, all products undergo a review process before they go live on site. This section provides an overview of this process.
There is an extensive back end process in place to categorize, match, and aggregate product data. This process ensures that high-quality product listings are provided on Jet. The following summarizes how a product travels through the SKU review process to become sellable on Jet.
Note: SKUs must have inventory quantities greater than 0 for them to begin the SKU review process.
- Step 1: Retail Partner uploads a SKU to Jet through their API with all required SKU information (detailed in the ‘Product Listing’ section).
- Step 2: Jet uses the unique identifiers provide by the Retail Partner to match this item with SKUs already in the Jet catalog. If the SKU does not already exist in the Jet catalog, Jet will create a new product listing. *Please note that the review process is expedited for items that already exist in the Jet catalog.
- Step 3: Retail Partner uploads pricing information and inventory levels for uploaded SKUs. Retail Partner can provide a general price for their SKU, or price at a fulfillment node level. Inventory is set by fulfillment node. *Please note: inventory must be updated at minimum every 24 hours.
- Step 4: Jet determines if SKU can be sold on Jet based on multipack quantity economics, price parity, and the uploaded shipping data information per SKU. It is possible that not all multipack quantity listings for the same product will be on site.
- Step 5: SKU information moves to the staging environment for indexing onto Jet. This step ensures that the SKU is searchable on site. After staging, a SKU can then be listed for sale.
The Products section on the Partner Portal homepage provides visibility into the status of all SKUs that have been uploaded to Jet. Product statuses are detailed below.
Total Uploaded SKUs: The total number of SKUs successfully uploaded to Jet
- Not Eligible for Sale:
- Archived: The retail partner has set the product offer to be “inactive” (set by the seller)[JL1] . Please note that SKUs cannot be deleted; only archived.
- Excluded Category or Brand: Jet’s catalog team has determined the product offer to be outside our terms. The product may be associated with a category, product type, or brand that is not permitted on Jet.com[JL2]
- Unauthorized: The retail partner is not currently permitted to sell this product on Jet.com. This may be because the retail partner is not authorized to sell a specific product type or brand, or because the retail partner is unable to meet Jet’s Seller Performance Standards.
- Attribute Data Required: Additional attribute data required to list product on Jet. Certain categories (i.e. clothing, shoes) require specific attribute-Id’s to help better categorize listings on Jet.
- Eligible for Sale:
- Missing Listing Data: Additional data required to complete listing. Please note: since Jet catalog is universal, retail partner may add the missing information, or wait for another partner to provide it.
- Available for Sale: The product is available for purchase on Jet.com if it has inventory. If the item does not have inventory, it is ready to list and will go live when inventory is added
Check out the Product API Explanation in the Jet Developer Portal for more information on submitting products.
Additionally, check out the Product Listing Do's and Don't's document for more information on uploading products.
Did you find this article helpful?